Our Pond Detective workshop provides your pupils an exciting hands on experience. Located at the edge of our wall established lake, pupils will have the opportunity to collect a vast array of water minibeasts from our hugely diverse waters.
Workshop Learning outcomes:-
- Discuss and identify water minibeasts and their habitats. To include those found in the water and on the surface of the water
- Collect and identify a range of water minibeasts through the use of collection kits, ID charts and group discussion
- Complete an activity booklet and record findings
Learning opportunities linked to KS1:-
- Science – working scientifically
- Living things and their habitats
- Animals, including humans
- Length :- 45 minutes
- Location:- Small Lake
- Group size:- Minimum 15 pupils, Maximum 20 pupils
- Teacher Ratio:- 1:5
Pre and Post Activities:-
Use our pre and post activities below with your class .