Pond Detective - suitable for KS1
Our Pond Detective workshop provides your pupils an exciting hands on experience. Located at the edge of our wall established lake, pupils will have the opportunity to collect a vast array of water minibeasts from our hugely diverse waters.
Workshop Learning outcomes:-
- Discuss and identify water minibeasts and their habitats. To include those found in the water and on the surface of the water
- Collect and identify a range of water minibeasts through the use of collection kits, ID charts and group discussion
- Complete an activity booklet and record findings
Learning opportunities linked to KS1:-
- Science – working scientifically
- Living things and their habitats
- Animals, including humans
- Length :- 1 hour
- Location:- Small Lake
- Group size:- Minimum 15 pupils, Maximum 20 pupils
- Teacher Ratio:- 1:5
Pre and Post Activities:-
New pre and post activities coming soon!