Bug Detectives - suitable for KS1
Our Bug Detective Workshop takes your pupils on an exciting journey of discovery through our beautiful ancient woodlands, which provide the ideal habitat for a vast array of mini beasts.
Workshop Learning outcomes:-
- Discuss and identify minibeasts and the habitats they are found in
- Collect and identify a range of minibeasts through the use of collection kits, ID charts and group discussion
- Complete an activity booklet and record findings
Learning opportunities linked to KS1:-
- Science – working scientifically
- Living things and their habitats
- Animals, including humans
- Length :- 1 hour
- Location:- Woodlands
- Group size:- Minimum 15 pupils, Maximum 25 pupils
- Teacher Ratio:- 1:5
Pre and Post Activities:-
New pre and post activities coming soon! .